Last year I was able to take an epic vacation to Botswana, Zambia and South Africa.
This year, I’ll probably have to contend with a quite staycation. But to be honest — I don’t see this as a complete loss. It’s no secret that I love to indulge and pamper whenever I can.
With that in mind, I wanted to explore 5 ways to pamper yourself without going on vacation.
1. Weekend stay at the Thompson Hotel is at the top of my list! Located in King West Village, the Thompson Hotel is one of the most luxe boutique hotels. Thompson Toronto boasts a rooftop lounge where you can see all of downtown Toronto and a 40-foot infinity swimming pool.
Food and drink offerings include a contemporary classic diner, a French café, an ultra-chic underground nightclub and a Rooftop Lounge retreat with poolside cabanas and cocktails. I cannot wait to make my reservation.
2. Mani/pedi at Upper Village Spa where their experienced estheticians will help you relax and be transported for an hour, or a whole spa day. Enjoy a luxurious and therapeutic treatment for the hands and nails. Upper Village Spa provides the perfect oasis to pamper yourself without going on vacation.
3. Dinner at the Art Gallery. You might think that the Art Gallery of Ontario only has world-class art exhibits. But then you’d only be seeing half the picture.
The Art Gallery has several dinning experiences including FRANK, their award-winning restaurant. Chefs create seasonal flavours featuring local fare and quality fresh ingredients including weekly prix fixe menus that are available for lunch and dinner and are themed around the current exhibitions to complete the gallery experience.
4. Ferry ride around the Islands is the perfect way to wind down a relaxing weekend. We don’t have Caribbean heat, sun or islands, but that doesn’t mean Toronto city dwellers can’t enjoy a boat ride around the Toronto Islands.
Once the weather warms up, it’s incredibly easy to head down to the ferries for a boat ride. The views of the city skyline from the water make it worth the trip.
5. Drinks at Her Majesty’s Pleasure is the perfect nightcap to a pamper-filled day, week or weekend. This chic and elegantly designed beauty and cocktail bar offers charming bartenders that serve creative cocktails, champagne and sweets. Bottoms up!
With all these amazing activities available at home — not travelling out of the country for vacation doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy wonderful cuisine, relaxing indulgences, breathtaking sights and romantic evenings.
Toronto is a world-class city and I have everything right at my fingertips.
Image via Her Majesty’s Pleasure